The Cisco Meraki MS brings the benefits of the cloud to networks of all sizes: simplified management, reduced complexity, network wide visibility and control, with lower operational cost for campus and branch deployments. Cisco Meraki access switching is available in both Layer 2 and powerful Layer 3 models. Mission-critical features — like deep, Layer 7 application visibility, network topology, virtual stacking, QoS for business critical applications, 802.1X access control, and more — are present in all models.
The MS220 family provides layer 2 access switching and is ideal for deploying to branch locations. This family also supports an optional, rack-mountable remote PSU, except MS220-8/P models.
- Quality-of-Service (QoS) to prioritize mission critical traffic such as voice and video
- IEEE 802.1X support for port based network access control
- MAC-based RADIUS auth and MAC whitelisting
- Voice VLAN support for simplified VoIP deployments
- Port Mirroring to monitor network traffic
- DHCP snooping to prevent users from adding unauthorized DHCP servers on the network
- IGMP Snooping to optimize network performance with multicast traffic
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for high-capacity trunking, stacking, and increased availability
- Rapid spanning tree, BPDU guard, root guard, and other safeguards to help prevent misconfigurations and reduce convergence time
- Per port VLAN configuration
- Multiple administrative roles with sophisticated security policy management
- Layer 3 on MS320 series extends routing down to the network edge